CAR BATTERIES WARRANTY PERIODS
- We ensure you do not loose your radio code while fitting your new car battery
- All the batteries we supply have a two year warranty except "Stop/Start" batteries which only have 18 months.
- We invite you to bring your battery to us one month before the warranty expires in order for us to check it's condition while still under warranty. This is a no charge service.
- All old defective batteries are sent to authorised recyclers. We accept old dead batteries for re-cycling.
- Every job that Gil Auto undertakes has a warranty.
- The labor warranty is unconditional.
- Parts warranties vary, based on the duration of the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the parts.
WARRANTY PERIODS & DISTANCES
|Services||3 Months or 5,000 Klms|
|Clutch||12 Months or 20,000 Klms|
|Brakes||12 Months or 20,000 Klms|
|Brake Fluid||12 months|
|Drive Shafts||12 months or 20,000 Klms|
|Radiators||12 months or 20,000 Klms|
|Water Pumps||12 months or 20,000 Klms|
|Radiator Coolant||12 months|
|Timing Belts||12 months or 20,000 Klms|
|Shock Absorbers||24 Months or 40,000 Klms|
|Exhaust Mild Steel||24 Months|
|Exhaust Stainless Steel||10 Years|
- More engines have been destroyed by oil filters than any other filter on the car
- Due to fuel combustion contaminants are deposited in the engine oil.
- As a result the oil Is thicker and does not flow as easily through the narrow channels leading from the sump to the pistons and bearings.
- In addition oil is consumed during the normal operation of the engine. This means that there is less oil in the sump for circulation through the engine.
- The function of the oil filter is as the name suggests, to trap the burnt carbon particles in the oil and not allow them the to return to the parts in the engine that require constant lubrication.
- As more and more contaminants are trapped the flow of oil flow through the oil filter is impeded.
- The compound effect of the thickened oil due to burn off and contaminant pickup eventually blocks the filter medium completely.
- The filter housing has a release valve which opens and sends the unfiltered oil back into the engine and this is the beginning of the end for your engine.
Initial starting we check for abnormal noises
Ease of starting checking for sluggish starter motor
Check idle speed whether correct too Fast or too Slow
Engine sound in park listen for Abnormal Noises
Engine sound in gear listen for Abnormal Noises
Brake Pedal operation test pressure and travel…
Light braking efficiency and brake noise and vibration
Firm braking efficiency and brake noise and Vibration
Park brake length of travel tension and hold
Clutch pedal operation checking pressure and travel
Accelerator pedal feel travel and response
Steering operation checking alignment, ease of steering and responsiveness
Gear lever operation checking for excessive play
Dash warning lights
Engine Oil. We replace with manufacturers specified grade
Engine Filter. We replace every time oil is changed
Transmission Oil. Condition if OK Topped Up
Transmission Gasket is checked for leaks
Differential Oil. Condition if OK Topped Up
Transfer Case Oil. The condition is checked and if OK topped up
Power Steering Oil, Check Condition, If OK Top Up
Brake Fluid tested if it fails the moisture test we advise that it should be changed
Master Brake Cylinder. Is checked for leaks
Clutch Master Cylinder. Where applicable is checked
Radiator Coolant . Glycol level tested. If not OK Top Up
The washer fluid is filled with Algae Inhibitor and water mix
Dashboard warning symbols investigated
Service light reset
Remote key operation working change battery if needed
Brake accelerator and clutch rubber surfaces confirm with RMS specifications
Park brake hand or foot operated checked for travel, release and hill hold
The lights switches we confirm correct operation
Front head lights, are working and their direction aim is correct
Front Low Beams lights, are working and their direction aim is correct
All indicator flashers are working correctly
Rear lights are checked working correctly
Interior cabin light is checked for correct operation
Horn operated as test that is working loud and clear
The CV Boots to ensure they are intact with no grease leakage
Sump washer these are replaced each oil change to ensure that there are no oil leaks
The following items are all checked for oil leaks engine, transmission and drive train
Entire steering system
Entire braking system rotors pads calipers, fixed and flexible pipes.
Park brake adjusted as required
The suspension front and rear shock absorbers for leaks and efficiency
The bottom end of the cooling system
The wheel bearings to ensure for free play is with in specifications
Engine and transmission mounts for leaks and cracks
Check for rust,
Sway bars front and rear Check for Cracks & Witness Marks
Springs rear and front,
Ball Joints cCheck, free play & Dust Boots
Strut Tower Bushes, Check for Cracks & Witness Marks
Bump Stops and Boots, Check if Cracked or Broken
Rack Boots, Check if Leaking and or Broken
The coolant level and chemical concentration are and topped up as required
All the radiator hoses are checked for flexibility, wear and leaks and clamps tightened if required
Radiator is checked for leaks, cooling fins and general tank condition examined
The condition of the radiator cap and seals are inspected
The vacuum hoses and all other hoses are check for flexibility and wear and clamps tightened as required
Thermostat check gasket for leaks and temperature test if car overheating heating
Brake fluid level and moisture content if reading is too high we recommend a brake replacement.
Master Cylinder is inspected for leaks and operation tested
Watsons Bay, Rose Bay, Bondi Beach, Vaucluse , Dover Heights , North Bondi to Bondi Junction
Head up Old South Head Road towards Bondi Junction.
At Edgecliff Road turn right, proceed down until Reddam School on your left and Holy Cross on your right.
Randwick, Coogee, Clovelly ,Waverley , Queens Park to Bondi Junction
Head up Newland Street through Bondi Junction pass under the express way until you meet with Edgecliff Road round-about.
Turn right, proceed through two round-abouts and three sets of traffic lights.
Paddington , Kings Cross ,Darling Point Rushcutters Bay , Elizabeth Bay to Bondi Junction
With the city behind you proceed along Oxford Rd. until you reach the mall in Bondi Junction. Turn left into Grosvenor Rd. At the second traffic light turn right into Edgecliff Street.
Pass through two traffic lights,
- - Clovelly
- - Coogee
- - Elizabeth Bay
- - Darling Point
- - Dover Heights
- - Kings Cross
- - North Bondi
- - Paddington
- - Point Piper
- - Queens Park
- - Randwick
- - Rushcutters Bay
- - Tamarama
- - Vaucluse
- - Watson's Bay
- - Waverley
- - Woollahra